The School of Language and Global Studies is pleased to host a UK-based international conference dedicated to second language pragmatic development.
This conference is themed towards second language pragmatic development in learning and teaching. We particularly welcome papers focussing on Chinese as a second language, or Chinese learners of English at home or in study abroad contexts.
Papers and posters are invited from researchers or practitioners in any field of language learning and teaching, to focus on an aspect of the conference theme:
- The teaching and learning of L2 Chinese pragmatics at home or study abroad
- The teaching and learning of pragmatics for Chinese English language learners at home or study abroad
- Effective ways of teaching pragmatics in the classroom
- Using ICT for pragmatic development
- Pre departure and in country pragmatics instruction
- Testing and assessing pragmatic development
- Affective factors influencing pragmatic development (e.g. motivation)
This conference is partially sponsored by the UCLan Confucius Institute.